On this week’s episode of Marketing O’Clock, Jess Budde, Greg Finn, and Christine “Shep” Zirnheld talk about the biggest SEO, PPC, and social media marketing news from the week.
Plus, you won’t want to miss our SEO and PPC editions of quarantine house.
New YouTube tool helps brands create videos
Businesses can upload images, text, and logos and select layouts, fonts, and music to animate static assets and create a 6 or 15-second video.
New LinkedIn ads targeting filters
Campaigns can now target users based on a company’s growth rate, category, connections, and who the company follows.
Amazon lowers affiliate payouts
The retailer slashed Standard Program Fee Rates for certain product categories.
Is Google Ads rolling out shared synced columns for manager accounts?
Kirk Williams shared a screenshot of the feature in his account, but Google Ads has not made an announcement.
Introducing Webmaster Conference Talks
Google launched a new series of videos to replace in-person conferences.
Featured speakers include John Mueller, Martin Splitt, and other familiar faces.
COVID-19’s Effect on Search
A new Google study shows the top 5 ways search behavior has changed amidst the pandemic.
Then, we share a marketing win from @awesome_amber19.
I finished my 20/21 planning ?? our fiscal year runs July-June so ahead of the game even with covid-19 ? pic.twitter.com/0hvKHfQkGc
— Amber (@awesome_amber19) April 10, 2020
This week’s take of the week comes to us courtesy of Joe Martinez, who has an epic hack for working from home.
So many people (joking) have been asking me for advice on how to make the transition from office to remote working. My advice (not joking) is to take all the work you were doing in an office, and just do those tasks at home.
— Joe Martinez (@MilwaukeePPC) April 13, 2020
Then, we answer these critical digital marketing questions during our lightning round segment:
- What types of political ads are allowed on Reddit under their new policy?
- When will Google Meet stop allowing free access to its premium features?
- Where can kids go to find teacher-approved apps?
- Why does Google need to compensate French news publishers for their content?
- How are YouTube creators making less money even though viewership is up?
If you enjoyed the show, check out the Marketing O’Clock website! You can subscribe, find new episodes, and read the show notes for more information on today’s articles.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ahrefs – An all-in-one SEO toolset that gives you the tools you need to rank your website in Google and get tons of search traffic.
- Opteo – Helps Google Ads managers automate time-consuming manual tasks so they can spend more time on high-level strategy and creative work.
Featured Image: Samantha Hanson, Cypress North